||The Electrotechnical Laboratory was established.
||The Electrotechnical Laboratory commenced pattern approval testing.
||The Electrotechnical Laboratory commenced verification activities.
||The Japan Electric Association was designated as an official testing laboratory by the central
||The Tokyo Municipal Authority was designated as an official testing laboratory by the central
||The Japan Electric Meters Inspection Corporation(JEMIC) Law was promulgated(July 4th).
||The JEMIC commenced activities (having integrated and inherited all related work previously
conducted by the central government,Japan Electric Association and Tokyo Prefectural
||The revision of the Measurement Law was promulgated to incorporate the Electrical Measurement
||The JEMIC commenced the calibration service for thermometers and standard lamps.
- The Okinawa Laboratory was opened following the end of the American Occupation
of Okinawa Prefecture.
- The JEMIC commenced the mobile calibration service with a calibration service
||The total number of electricity meters accepted for verification passed 100 million.
||The laboratories in the Tokyo region were integrated pursuant to the relevant cabinet decision.
||The validity of verification was extended from 7 years to 10 years for ordinary watt-hour
meters(30A,120A and 200A).
- The partial revisions of the Measurement Law and JEMIC Law resulted in the
alteration of the legal status of the JEMIC.
- The first pattern approval for a static watt-hour meter was made.
- The thousandth pattern approval was achieved.
- New verification activities were commenced for multi-function electricity
meters used for the new electric rate system.
||New verification activities were commenced for static multi-function meters with a two
time-of-day rate system(different rates for day-time and night-time) for household use.
||The new Measurement Law was promulgated.
||The JEMIC commenced the verification activities for illuminance meters.
||The head office was designated as the accredited laboratory for Thermal and Photometric
- The JEMIC commenced the verification activities for integrating calorimeters.
- The head office and the Tokyo,Nagoya and Amagasaki laboratories were designated
as the accredited laboratories for Electrical Calibrations.
||The two thousandth pattern approval was achieved.
||The first pattern approval for an ordinary watt-hour meter(250A).
||The Hokkaido,Tohoku,Hokuriku,Chugoku and Kyushu laboratories were designated as the accredited
laboratories for Electrical Calibrations.
- The three thousandth pattern approval was achieved.
- The head office was designated as the accredited laboratory for Time and
||The Shikoku laboratory was designated as the accredited laboratory for Electrical Calibrations.
||The JEMIC was designated as the designated institute for AC Power and AC Energy.
||The Chubu and Kumamoto laboratories were designated as the accredited laboratories for
- The JEMIC was designated as the accredited laboratory for AC Power and AC
- The JEMIC was designated as the accredited laboratory for type approval.
- The Head
laboratories were designated as the accredited laboratories for verification.
||The Okinawa laboratory was designated as the accredited laboratory for verification.